22. November, 2022

Allergies are discomforting ailments caused by an overreaction of the immune system after contact with certain substances – allergens. These do not cause irritation in healthy individuals. But in allergic persons, they cause a more or less turbulent reaction of the immune system.

The prevalence of allergic disorders in western industrialised countries has steadily increased during the last three decades. An increasing number of people are diagnosed with allergic conjunctivitis, allergic rhinitis, bronchial asthma, neurodermatitis and other allergies states an Austrian research on the homeopathic treatment of allergies (https://www.vithoulkas.com/research/positive-articles/real-life-effect-classical-homeopathy-treatment-allergies-multicenter) where all clinical symptoms in 40 out of 44 recruited patients with the quoted diagnoses were shown to improve substantially under classical homeopathic treatment. Apart from that, patients undergoing therapy with conventional medication at baseline (62%) were able to discontinue at least one medication, while the remaining patients (38%) reported a dose reduction in at least one medication. No side effects were reported during treatment. At the end the article states that the positive outcome does not allow the drawing of conclusions as to the efficacy of homeopathic treatment per se. For this more repetitions of adjusted research on larger samples of allergic people are warranted. Similarly, an Italian research has shown positive effects (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27473542). Yet another study implies that there is evidence that adjunct homeopathic medicines prescribed by experienced homeopathic practitioners improve the severity of asthma in children (https://www.vithoulkas.com/research/positive-rticles/individualized-homeopathy-group-egyptian-asthmatic-children). Data were gathered about the frequency of attacks, use of medication, night awakening and spirometry at baseline and at follow-up after 6 months. The changes were clinically and statistically relevant.

Another research on atopic dermatitis (AD) has shown positive results after homeopathic treatment (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1475491611001123?via%3Dihub). The patients gathered data on the percentage of affected skin area, itch, quality of sleep and general wellbeing during homeopathic treatment. The study suggests that in a general medical practice setting, homeopathic treatment could be regarded as an effective choice for patients with AD.

A study that took place in India (https://www.vithoulkas.com/research/positive-articles/appearance-acute-inflammatory-state-indicates-improvement-atopic) reported an improvement and stabilisation with complete skin clearance in five of six cases. This resulted after the appearance of acute inflammatory diseases, so the chronic condition improved according to the Theory of levels of Health. Further research is needed to confirm that the steps in the Theory of levels of Health suggest the correct path towards a cure. (https://www.vithoulkas.com/learning-tools/books-gv/levels-health).